Why Rent From Metro Properties?
Metro Properties boasts a wide variety of affordable, clean, and comfortable apartments in Richmond Virginia, and is dedicated to helping individuals who are relocating to Richmond or who are simply moving within the city. Whether you are a VCU student looking for an apartment that is within walking distance to campus, a young professional interested in convenient living, or a family in need of a spacious apartment, Metro properties can help.
We have a number of convenient locations in the Fan, the Museum District, and downtown Richmond. Throughout your tenancy, our property management professionals will provide you with superb, friendly service. Contact us today to learn more about our available units and how we can help you find a new home that you'll fall in love with.View Available Units
Submit a Maintenance Request
Please login to your tenant portal to make a maintenance request. Note that requests are reviewed Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, except for holidays.Log In
Pay Your Rent Online
Did you know that you can now pay your rent online? It's fast, easy, and secure, so why wait? Below, you'll find some information on how to get started and a few reasons why so many others have already made the switch!
Don't have an account?
It's easy! Just let us know you want to pay your rent online and we'll email you an account activation link.Get Started
Already have an account?
Click the button below to be taken to the Tenant Portal login page.Log In
Once you've signed up, you can:
- View and pay your bills anytime (24/7)
- View and pay your bills from anywhere (any computer with an internet connection)
- Set up an automatic payment
- Sign up for automatic reminder emails
- Review your payment history
Have you ever looked at a calendar and suddenly realized that your rent was due that day? Or worse yet, that it was due a few days ago and that it was now late? With online rent payments, these concerns are a thing of the past. Simply hop on your computer and in just a few minutes, your rent is paid! Or remove all doubt and schedule a payment in advance so your rent is paid automatically. And this is in addition to not having to write checks, address envelopes, or find/buy stamps...
In a world where online financial predators seem more and more common, we understand if you have reservations about entering your bank account information online. But fear not! Your information is password protected and all transactions are both encrypted and securely transmitted.
Policies & Procedures
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
Otherwise, please CALL the office immediately (804-225–8655); please do NOT email emergency maintenance. If the office is closed, please relay your emergency to the answering service operator. There is a member of the maintenance staff on call after hours.
Please call the office during business hours (804-225–8655). You may also email your work order to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do NOT email emergency maintenance.
If power is lost in the apartment, please locate the breakers (or fuse box) to see if you have tripped a breaker (or blown a fuse). If so, please reset the breaker(s) (or replace the fuse). If the problem is not in your panel box and there is not any type of electrical problem in your apartment, contact Dominion Virginia Power (1-866-366-4357) to get more information on the power outage.
Rent can be paid by online by logging into your online portal, or in our office with a personal check, money order, or cashier’s check. Cash is ONLY accepted with prior approval. There is a four (4) day grace period. Rent received after the 5th of the month will be considered late and a late fee will be assessed. If the 5th falls on a weekend or holiday, rent will not be considered late if it is in our drop box at 8:30 a.m. on the next business day.
Rent can be paid with a online on our website, or with a personal check, money order, cashiers or certified check. Cash is ONLY accepted with prior approval.
- Parking is available at various rental properties. Check with the office to see if parking is available at a particular property and what the cost is.
- The current month’s pass MUST be hanging in the rearview mirror on the first day of each month. Failure to display the current month’s pass may result in towing at the expense of the Lessee.
- Payment must be received by the 7th day of the month or the reservation is canceled.
- A parking conditions form must be signed and the monthly parking fee paid before a new pass can be issued.
- The sublet fee is $300.00.
- In most cases the tenant’s account balance must be zero.
- The applicant must complete the application process and be approved for the apartment. The application fee of $35.00 (per application) is due at the time the application(s) is submitted.
- Once the applicant is approved the lease assignment must be signed by the original tenant and the new tenant. The apartment must be vacated and keys turned in by 9:00 a.m. the day before the sublet begins.
- A move out inspection will be made by a rental agent after the apartment is vacated. The original tenant will be charged for any damages including but not limited to cleaning.
- The original tenant’s deposit will be refunded less any charges within 45 days of the date the assignment begins.
- The original tenant will be responsible for the lease until the lease terminates.
- The new tenant will be permitted to pick up keys by 3:30 p.m. on the date the assignment begins.
- The apartment will be cleaned and any damages will be repaired. The new tenant understands that the apartment will NOT be repainted.
- The lease will automatically terminate on the termination date and the original tenant’s responsibility will cease. If the new tenant wishes to remain in the apartment for another lease term they must sign a new lease. Agent will have the right to show the apartment 90 days from the termination date of the lease.
Your lease has a termination date and requires that notice is given to terminate your lease. This notice required to terminate is specified on the first page of the lease. If notice is not received by this date the lease will automatically renew for a successive term. There will be no exceptions. If you decide that you will not be renewing your lease we suggest that you send in the termination notice even if it is before the required notification date. This notice must be in writing. Verbal notice is not acceptable.
Move Out Day
Keys must be returned no later than 9:00 a.m. on the termination date of the lease. If keys are not returned by 9:00 a.m. the locks to the apartment will be re-keyed at the expense of the Tenant. If all of the original keys are not turned in the locks will be re-keyed at the expense of the Tenant. If any items are left in the apartment after 9:00 a.m. they will be hauled away as garbage at the expense of the Tenant.
Please provide us with a forwarding address for the security deposit on the day the keys are returned.
If move out day falls on a weekend, please contact the office to make arrangements. There is a drop box at the office (mail slot in the door to building that says Metro Properties) for your keys. Security Deposit Return Forms and envelopes are provided beside the drop box. Please mark the envelope with your name and property address.
Security Deposit Returns
The security deposit will be refunded within 45 days from the termination date of the lease.
Requests for separate checks must be received in writing from all parties on the lease. If there is more than one tenant in the apartment and separate checks are requested there will be a $5.00 fee for each extra check.
If there is a dispute with any charges that may be on the security deposit return form, please submit them in writing to our office by either regular mail or email.
200 West Franklin Street
Richmond, VA 23220